The competence field of Fraunhofer AISEC ranges from the integrated security of embedded systems and hardware components to operating systems, applications (apps) and cloud-based services to solutions for secure software and system development and the use of machine learning techniques for cyber security. In doing so, the scientists draw on comprehensive know-how across the entire spectrum of the technology stack and deal intensively with the security of industrial plants and automotive systems and the challenges of a wide range of industries such as the energy sector or the public sector.
Collaboration opportunities with Fraunhofer AISEC include:
- Industrial contract research and technology development according to the latest and vendor-neutral expertise across all levels: from hardware and embedded software systems to networking technologies, services, and applications
- Proofs of Concept: Feasibility studies for the development and evaluation of innovative IT security solutions
- Technical security analyses, risk assessments and security tests to uncover vulnerabilities and attack possibilities as well as development of protection concepts to secure systems, products, and data
- Consulting in the development of IT security concepts as well as monitoring and support in their implementation and testing
- Studies on current issues and topics with social or macroeconomic relevance
- Application-oriented IT security training in the cybersecurity learning lab – practice-oriented and at the cutting edge of research
- Cooperation within the framework of publicly funded innovation projects
Our research departments are continuously improving system reliability through high-quality, innovative and customized solutions to evaluate, design and maintain security.